I Think I Have an STD
If you think you might have an STD, get checked out. Don’t just hope the STD will go away. Chances are it won’t. All Indiana Family Health Council funded clinics test for and treat STDs. All information you give will be private and confidential.
You may feel embarrassed about having an STD, but you must get treatment. That’s the only way you will get well. So, no matter how difficult it may be, see a health care professional for treatment.
Most STDs can be treated with antibiotics. Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and be sure to take all of your medicine. You also must tell your sexual partner(s). If they aren’t treated, they can spread the STD and they might even reinfect you.
Symptoms To Watch For
- Unusual vaginal discharge or odor
- Pain in your pelvic area – the area between your belly button and sex organs
- Vaginal area burning or itching
- Bleeding from your vagina that is not your regular period
- Pain deep inside your vagina when you have sex
- A drip or discharge from your penis.
Women and Men:
- Sores, bumps or blisters near your sex organs, rectum or mouth
- Burning and pain when you urinate (pee) or have a bowel movement
- Need to urinate often
- Itching around your sex organs
- Swelling or redness in your throat
- Flu-like feelings with fever, chills and aches
- Swelling in your groin – the area around your sex organs
If you have any of these symptoms, go to a IFHC funded clinic, a STD clinic or your health care provider. Don’t put it off – get checked out right away.
We have been closely monitoring the rapid developments of COVID-19. We realize that this is a challenging time for many Hoosiers, which is why we have created a list of national and local resources to support our sub recipients and others in the field. As always, we...
The Indiana Family Health Council (IFHC) is currently seeking board members to serve in the new year. We are looking for leaders from across the state to offer their fundraising, management/administration and networking skills to help us promote our mission and goals....
The Indiana Family Health Council (IFHC) is seeking applications from public and private non-profit organizations with the ability and capacity to provide Title X funded family planning services in Madison County, Indiana Title X assists individuals and couples in...
The Indiana Family Health Council (IFHC) is pleased to announce the release of their 2019 Family Planning Report. The report highlights key areas regarding family planning and reproductive health in the state of Indiana. As you will see from the report, we have made...
Indiana Family Health Council
151 N. Delaware St., Suite 520
Indianapolis, IN 46204