Deciding to have sex is an important and very personal decision. Before you decide, consider these questions:
• If the relationship doesn’t last, would I be glad I had sex with this person?
• Am I sure my partner is free from all STDs, including HIV/AIDS?
• Do I know how to use a condom and protect myself?
• If I became pregnant, would I have the money and support I need to take care of a baby?
• Would my faith leaders approve of my decision?
• Would I be comfortable telling my family I was having sex now?
If you answered no to any of these questions, or you are not sure, then sex can wait.
Deciding to have sex requires a lot of thought and education. While it can be uncomfortable talking about sex, ask your parents for their opinion. Talk to your partner. You also can talk with a Family Planning Resource nurse. Our professionals will listen to your concerns, answer your questions and keep your decisions confidential.